Mobile Community Zimbabwe (MCZ) is a school of citizen journalism equipping young Zimbabweans with digital storytelling skills using mobile devices. More about this project is here: mobilecommunityzim.com
Mobile Community Zimbabwe is interested to hire an individual to join a small dynamic team as Social Media Assistant.
The bulk of the work of the Digital Media Assistant centers on building and sustaining the projectâ€™s online communities. This individual is responsible for updating and creating content on the Project website and online platforms. They will also manage day-to-day interactions with audiences.
Be a Zimbabwean resident aged between 20 â€“ 35 years.
- Must be keen to contribute to shaping organizational operations and adaptive to changing operational landscape.
- Must be confident/ comfortable working predominantly in English.
- Must be generally an extensive user of and knowledgeable about digital technologies, especially understanding the functionings of social media.
- Must possess qualities of excellent teamwork and good communication skills.
- Must have discipline and the ability to work without constant supervision.
- Must be conversant with the Zimbabwean context and demonstrate an understanding of the media landscape.
- Must possess knowledge about how to decode web analytics and social media metrics, and ability to adapt accordingly to observed trends.
- Must possess demonstrable skills of digital marketing
Qualifications and Skills
- Background in Media, Journalism and Communication, media marketing
- Proven working experience in social media or related field, demonstrable social networking experience and knowledge of social analytics tools.
- Excellent command of the English language and strong communication skills
- Adaptability and resourcefulness, lots of curiosity.
- Innovative self driven self starter with ability to work without constant instruction or supervision
- Demonstrable digital skills â€“ website management and SEO, video/audio shooting and editing
- Good eye for design and ability to create or source eye-catching images to accompany posts.
How to apply:
Submit your application by August 15, 2016 to [email protected]
Include in your application, a motivation statement detailing why you are the person we seek, and how you possess the skills we require (max 100 word).
- Attach your updated CV.
Only properly applications with all required documents will be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.Post published in: Africa News