The demonstrations was aimed at demanding:
– The return of the Bulawayo Thermal Power Station to the ownership of the people of Bulawayo
– Full compliance with the ruling of the Competition and Tariffs Commission (CTC) to reduce charges by 43 percent.
– Compensation for all people whose properties were damaged by power surges
– Reduction in load shedding and adherence to load shedding schedules.
– Exemption of disadvantaged people such as the elderly and orphans from immediate power disconnections for failure to meet payment obligations.Post published in: News