Gold panners suffocate

Three men suffocated in a mine shaft after inhaling excessive carbon monoxide when they were illegally panning for gold.

The three: Chrispen Kambuzuma, Repeat (28) and Silas Manyuchi (29) are believed to have collapsed in the shaft after inhaling carbon monoxide from a water pump which they were using. Mashonaland West police spokesperson, Inspector Clemence Mabweazara, confirmed the incident.

“The miners were using a petrol pump to pump water out of the shaft and it was producing excessive carbon monoxide that made them collapse and die,” said Mabweanzara.

Some colleagues of the illegal panners smelt the carbon monoxide and rushed to help, but unfortunately they were too late.

The deceased were taken to Karoi Hospital for a post-mortem.

Post published in: Business

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *