Believe it or not

Olympic opening ceremony ‘‘a satanic ritual’’

Former footballer turned TV host David Icke claims the London 2012 opening ceremony was a secret Satanic ritual. The ex-Coventry City goalkeeper and snooker host shocked Britain in 1991 when he announced he was the son of God and predicting that the world would end in 1997.

Now he has resurfaced to insist that Danny Boyle’s spectacular was a “mass satanic ritual disguised as a celebration of Britain and sport”.

Writing on website, Icke – a key BBC presenter during the 1988 Olympics – claimed the giant bell rung by cyclist Bradley Wiggins during the ceremony was tuned to a frequency which could be heard by a group of Satanists who secretly rule the world.

He explained: “The opening and closing ceremonies of the London Olympics are mass satanic rituals disguised as a celebration of Britain and sport.

Their medium is the language of symbolism… The Olympic Stadium is also strategically placed on the earth-energy grid to tap into that power on the Global Cabal’s own satanic frequencies or vibrations.

Icke has sold thousands of books claiming “humanity is actually under the control of dinosaur-like alien reptiles called the Babylon Brotherhood who must consume human blood to maintain their human appearance”.

Back from the dead

A man given up for dead shocked his family by returning to his home village in Bangladesh after 23 years. Relatives had given up on ever seeing Moslemuddin Sarkar again until he returned home for the first time since 1989. He had been in prison in Pakaistan for the last 15 years and was helped home by the International Committee of the Red Cross.

Hundreds of well-wishers lined the streets of Bishnurampur village to catch a glimpse of him and congratulate his tearful and jubilant family.

In a telephone interview, Sarkar revealed he had entered India without valid documents in 1989 without informing his family. He was then caught as he tried to cross into Pakistan in 1997 where he was jailed for trying to enter the country illegally.

“I requested that embassy officials send me back to Bangladesh but no one listened to me,” he told the BBC.”I suffered a lot in the prison and was crying for help. But no-one came to my rescue. Still I don’t understand why I was kept in jail for such a long time.”

A step off death

An astonished motorist has told how her car was crushed by a one ton boulder just two seconds after she’d stepped out of it. Heidi Huber had just got out her VW Lupo in a car park in Germany’s Black Forest when the huge rock came hurtling down a cliff face, plunging straight into the driver’s seat.

Police say the driver was treated for shock and minor injuries caused by flying debris. “The woman had just parked and got out when the rock fell. She heard a noise and in the next moment the rock landed on her car. It was a huge,” said a police spokesman. “She certainly had a bit of a shock, but was lucky to only have lost just her car, not her life.”

Couple remarries after 48 years

A US couple are to remarry, nearly half a century after they were divorced. Roland Davis and Lena Henderson, both 85, got hitched as teenagers and divorced 20 years and four children later. Their youngest daughter, Renita Chadwick, herself a grandmother, said: “We are all so ridiculously excited.

We’re like little children again.It’s every child’s dream, every child who has ever been in a family where divorce has occurred, that your parents would come back together.”

The couple met as teenagers in Chattanooga, Tennessee, and were married by a justice of the peace.This time around, a church wedding is planned, in Buffalo, New York state, followed by a reception at a local restaurant.

“I’m just happy that we’re here,” said Davis, who recently moved to Buffalo from Colorado following the death of his second wife in January. Davis proposed to Henderson, who is also widowed after re-marrying, over the phone around Easter and she accepted, even though they hadn’t seen each other since a family funeral in 1996.

Before that, the two hadn’t been face-to-face since splitting up in 1964, though they had stayed in touch and kept up with each other’s lives through the children.

Post published in: World News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *