2. An average human speaks 4,800 words in 24 hours.
3. The retina inside the eye covers about 650mm2 (1 sq in) and contains 137 million light-sensitive cells: 130 million rod cells for black-and-white vision and 7 million cone cells for colour vision.
4. Global Positioning System (GPS) is the only system today that can show your exact position on the Earth anytime, in any weather, no matter where you are!
5. The height of Mt. Everest (29,035 feet) was revised upward by 7 feet based on measurements made in 1999 using the satellite-based Global Positioning System.
6. An average human produce 1.43 pints sweat in a day.
7. A camel’s hump is not used for water storage, but camels can go for long periods of time without water. They drink large amounts of water up to 20 gallons at a time. This water is stored in the animal’s bloodstream.Post published in: World News