Dog saves owner from choking

A Carmarthenshire dog owner has told how her pet saved her life by accidentally performing the Heimlich manouevre.

Rachel Hayes, 40, of Drefach Felindre, was choking on a sweet when springer spaniel Mollypops sprung into action.

Mollypops jumped up at Hayes’ back and hit her so hard that the offending sweet was dislodged.

Hayes said: “She came up behind me, put her paws on me, and bashed on my back with such a force that the sweet came out”.

“She is an absolute hero – If it had not been for Mollypops I would have died.”

Post published in: World News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *