Suspected food poisoning claims four miners

Four mine workers have died from suspected food poisoning here, while six others are battling for their lives at Harare Central Hospital, police said last Monday.

According to police, all the men were workers at Hezelmare 19 mine in Kadoma. Mashonaland West province Zimbabwe Republic Police acting spokesperson, Asst Insp Ian Kowhera, said the workers became unconscious last Friday after eating sadza and chicken that had been prepared by one of them.

According to police, one of the workers took a 20kg maize bag for grinding at the nearby mill where he opted for another sack of already ground meal, leaving the one he had brought.

Another worker Douglas Pepukai (25) then slaughtered a chicken bought from the shops and prepared the meal, during which all 10 started complaining of stomach pains before falling unconscious.

Police took them to Kadoma General Hospital, but they were all referred to Harare because their condition was deteriorating fast. Police are withholding the names of the deceased until their next of kin have been notified.

Villagers reject polling based system
Author blasts modern churches

Post published in: News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *