The journalist is facing charges of theft of a library book and being in possession of military stores. This is the second time the case has failed to take off.
Access to the Zambian Watchdog, along with another news website, Zambia Reports has been blocked by authorities in the country.
Communicating via Facebook, Pondamali said his case had now been adjourned to Monday, 30 September 2013. “We are still awaiting instructions from DPP and matter has been adjourned to 30th September, 2013 for another mention and possible trial,” he wrote.
The journalist is facing two other charges of malicious damage to government property and attempting to flee from lawful custody. For these, he will be appearing in court on Friday, 30 August 2013. Pondamali also said his bail had been extended.
MISA continues to track developments in Zambia.Post published in: Africa News