There are 10 key matters that we need to push the new regime in Zimbabwe to address:
(1) Reforms (electoral, media, political & legislative) to enable and facilitate free, fair and credible elections.
(2) A clear and inclusive roadmap to those free, fair and credible elections in 2018.
(3) Release of all political prisoners and those currently under trial.
(4) Security sector reforms, in particular de-linking the military from civilian mandates.
(5) Redress for all victims of political violence, Murambatsvina and Gukurahundi.
(6) Implementation of devolution and decentralization as prescribed in the national Constitution.
(7) Constitutionalism and general adherence to, and respect for, the rule of law.
(8) A sincere, holistic and systemic approach to the eradication of corruption.
(9) Economic recovery and stabilization, in particular fiscal consolidation and the elimination of the growing budget deficit.
(10) Shared and inclusive economic growth, development and prosperity.Post published in: Featured