Former Minister Moyo’s HARDtalk interview with the BBC in which he described how angels enabled his flight from Mnangagwa’s killers was – as you would expect from such a narcissist – portrayed as an heroic escape, though he abandoned his family to their fate.
Moyo said Zimbabwe was now a banana republic because of the military coup, which he described as unconstitutional – as if Zanu PF’s actions had all been constitutional and legal, forgetting that it is now 5 years since the constitution was adopted but that it still has to be put fully into effect.
The truth is, if you control the judiciary in Zimbabwe the law is simply what you say it is. Moyo, the supreme charlatan, knows this full well. A serial turncoat, this time he backed the wrong horse – or nag in this case.
Interestingly, Moyo is not letting anyone know where he is now located but took pains to say how he left the country legally – a point of interest only to someone who knows he can be arrested for fraud in Kenya or South Africa as well as Zimbabwe and perhaps other places.
Soon to be former ‘Dr’ Grace may find similar difficulties if she visits any of her old haunts in South Africa, the United Arab Emirates or the Far East, where she could be taken to court for fraud and assault.
For his part, George Charamba – late of the Mugabe camp – now pops up as the spokesman of the new regime. He laughed at Moyo’s claim that Mnangagwa’s visit to Tsvangirai was because he was afraid of losing the upcoming elections and wanted them to be delayed.
But his most interesting observation came in a radio interview he gave in which he said Grace had told him that she had dreamt about him. She said ‘it was on my birthday and you were serving me very green fruit’. She would have been better off with a ripe banana (see: https://www.pazimbabwe.com/politics-44315-grace-mugabe-s-strange-george-charamba-dream-he-gave-me-very-green-fruit.html).
- It is not only Grace who is mentally unstable. The Guardian newspaper in the UK has carried an interview with a Zimbabwean psychiatrist who says, after 37 years of Zanu PF rule, more that 10% of the population have mental health problems (see: https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2018/jan/11/horrors-mugabe-zimbabwe-haunt-our-people-mental-scars-psychiatrist-dixon-chibanda).
- Thanks to those who came early to help set up and stayed till the end of the Vigil to help pack up: Shylette Chipangura, Deborah Harry, Jonathan Kariwo, Roseline Mukucha, Agnes Mukumba, Margaret Munenge and Dean Zhuwau. Thanks also to Roseline and Margaret for looking after the front table, to Shylette, Agnes and Heather Makawa Chitate for handing out flyers and to Jonathan, Deborah and Agnes for putting up the banners.
For latest Vigil pictures check: h9ttp://www.flickr.com/photos/zimbabwevigil/. Please note: Vigil photos can only be downloaded from our Flickr website. The facebook page for our sister organisation Restoration of Human Rights in Zimbabwe (ROHR) (https://www.facebook.com/ROHR-Zimbabwe-Restoration-of-Human-Rights-301811392835) has been hijacked by destructive elements from a group calling itself ZHRO. Please be advised that any postings on this page are not posted by ROHR.
FOR THE RECORD: 23 signed the register.
EVENTS AND NOTICES:
- ROHR Central London branch meeting. Saturday 20th January from 11.30 am – 1.30 pm. Venue: Royal Festival Hall, Southbank Centre, Belvedere Road, London SE1 8XX. Contact: Daisy Fabian 07708653640, Maxmus Savanhu 07397809056, Sipho Ndlovu 07400566013.
- ROHR Reading branch community outreach and general meeting. Saturday 20thJanuary. Community outreach from 11:30am – 1.30 pm: Venue: Broad Street, Reading. Food bank donation and general meeting from 2 – 5 pm: Venue: The RISC 35-39 London Street, Reading, Berkshire RG1 4PS. Contact: Sihle Sibanda (Deputy Chair) 07985712749, Shylette Chipangura (Branch Secretary 07828929806) and Joshua Kahari (Information and Publicity) 07877246251
- The Restoration of Human Rights in Zimbabwe (ROHR) is the Vigil’s partner organization based in Zimbabwe. ROHR grew out of the need for the Vigil to have an organization on the ground in Zimbabwe which reflected the Vigil’s mission statement in a practical way. ROHR in the UK actively fundraises through membership subscriptions, events, sales etc to support the activities of ROHR in Zimbabwe. Please note that the official website of ROHR Zimbabwe is http://www.rohrzimbabwe.org/. Any other website claiming to be the official website of ROHR in no way represents us.
- The Vigil’s book ‘Zimbabwe Emergency’ is based on our weekly diaries. It records how events in Zimbabwe have unfolded over the past 15 years as seen by the diaspora in the UK. It chronicles the economic disintegration, violence, growing oppression and political manoeuvring – and the tragic human cost involved. It is available at the Vigil for £10. All proceeds will go to the Vigil and our sister organisation the Restoration of Human Rights in Zimbabwe’s work in Zimbabwe. The book is also available from Amazon.
- Zimbabwe Action Forum meets regularly after the Vigil to discuss ways to help those back in Zimbabwe to fight oppression and achieve true democracy.
- Zimbabwe Yes We Can Movement holds meetings in London as the political face of ROHR and the Vigil.
Facebook pages:ROHR: https://www.facebook.com/Restoration-of-Human-Rights-ROHR-Zimbabwe-International-370825706588551/