This follows earlier appointments of party leadership in parliament which is as follows.
Leader of the House of Assembly -Hon Tabitha Khumalo
Deputy-Hon Paurina Mpariwa
Leader of Senate -Sen Elias Mudzuri
Deputy-Sen Morgan Komichi
Chief whip in the House of Assembly-Hon Prosper Mutseyami
Deputy-Hon Nonthando Ndlovu
Parliament will be a crucial arena of ideas, fighting corruption and holding the executive to account.
To ensure the effective implementation of our parliamentary agenda ,the President made the following appointments to chair key parliamentary positions.
1. Hon Charlton Hwende- ICT Committee
2. Hon Ruth Labode -Health and Child Care Committee
3. Hon Concilia Chinanzvavana- Environment and Tourism Committee
4. Hon Daniel Molekela – Higher and Tertiary Education Science and Technology Development
5. Hon Prince Sibanda Information-Media and Broadcasting Services Committee
6. Hon Tendai Biti and Hon Joel Gabuzza -Energy and power development Committee.
Sen Morgan Femai was appointed to chair the thematic committee on HIV/AIDS while Sen Ncube Siphiwe will chair the committee on Gender and Development.
The President also appointed the following members to impact the party’s international parliamentary agenda.
1. Hon Amos Chibaya – Inter-Parliamentary Union
2. Hon Trevor Saruwaka – ACP-EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly
3. Hon Murisi Zwizai – African Parliamentary Union
4. Hon Bacilia Majaya and Hon Anele Ndebele – SADC PF
5. Hon Tapiwa Mashakada – Pan African Parliament
The President also deployed two distinguished lawyers Hon Kucaca Phulu and Hon Brian Dube to the Parliamentary legal committee considering the need to align laws to the constitution.
All the appointments to the Zimbabwean parliament by the President were adopted by the Standing Orders and Rules Committee.
MDC: Change that Delivers
Clr Jacob Mafume