President Emmerson Mnangagwa needs to fulfil the promises he made to the nation ahead of the July 30, 2018, elections. He needs to Man Up, Stand His Ground and Defend our nation from cartels, individuals and organisations that are destroying our economy under his watch. Mr President, you promised a brighter day than yesterday but today we fear what our tomorrow will bring. You know what needs to be done but what boggles my mind is why you are dragging your feet to do what is right as you promised to be fair, fearless and impartial? The recent statements you made that Zimbabwean people must take the pain for the current hardship is not only without basis but misplaced. All our lives we have been in hardships and was looking forward to the new dispensation.
The State of our country needs you to be uncompromised and have no double standards. Stand for what is good and deliver on your promises Mr President:
- Mr President, you promised to eliminate Corruption and have a zero zero zero tolerance approach but no arrests have been made on the real thieves who plundered our parastatals and government institutions. Its business as usual for them and they are still robbing the nation in broad daylight. The 2 per cent tax is killing cash-strapped citizens, yet a few rich corrupt leaders have stashed and externalised huge sums of foreign currency in the expense of our people.
- What happened to the money that was collected from those who had externalised and what is it that is being done to those who have refused to bring back the externalised monies yet a deadline was set?.
- What’s happening with the Command Housing? You promised 1.5 million houses by end of 2023. You are 74 970 houses behind schedule. You promised to deliver quality, timely service without bureaucratic bottlenecks and unnecessary delays
- How many jobs, jobs and more jobs have you created yet you promised its the core your policies during your inauguration speech?
- You promised a stable economy but prices are skyrocketing day in day out. Your promise to speedily refurbish, construct health, education and water infrastructure has not surfaced at all.
- You said the voice of the people is the voice of God, are you listening to the outcry from the nation, why are you not addressing us on the current pain we are going through? You promised a servant leadership kind of governance but we see no evidence of it yet.
My conclusion, Mr President redeem the time for the days are evil.
By Mdalawethu Nkosikhona Ndlovu
#Sisonke/ TiritosePost published in: Featured