The New Ministerial Line-up
On Friday 8th November the Office of the President and Cabinet announced changes made by President Mnangagwa to his Ministerial line-up with immediate effect. The following tables show the complete Ministerial line-up including the changes, in alphabetical order by name of Ministry.
CABINET MINISTERS & THEIR DEPUTIES
[pale shading indicates where there have been changes and an * indicates Minister from outside Parliament]
|Defence and War Veterans||Oppah Zvipange Muchinguri-Kashiri||Victor Matemadanda|
|Energy and Power Development||Fortune Chasi||Magna Mudyiwa|
|Environment, Climate Change, Tourism and Hospitality Industry 1||Mangaliso Ndlovu 2||—|
|Finance and Economic Development||Prof Mthuli Ncube *||Clemence Chiduwa3|
|Foreign Affairs and International Trade||Sibusiso B. Moyo||David Musabayana 3|
|Health and Child Care||Obediah Moyo *||John Mangwiro|
|Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology||Amon Murwira *||Raymore Machingura 3|
|Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage||Kazembe Kazembe 4||Michael Madiro|
|Industry and Commerce||Sekesai Nzenza 5||Rajeshakumar Modi|
|Information Communication Technology and Courier Services||Jenfan Muswere 6||Dingumuzi Phuti 3|
|Information, Publicity and Broadcasting Services||Hon. Monica Mutsvangwa||Hon. Energy Mutodi|
|Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs||Hon. Ziyambi Ziyambi||—|
|Lands, Agriculture, Water, Climate and Rural Resettlement||Perrance Shiri||Hon. Douglas Karoro
Hon. Vangelis Haritatos
|Local Government, Public Works and National Housing||July G. Moyo *||Marian Chombo 3|
|Mines and Mining Development||Winston Chitando||Polite Kambamura|
|National Hosing and Social Amenities||Daniel Garwe 8||Yeukai
|Primary and Secondary Education||Cain Mathema 10||Edgar Moyo|
|Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare||Paul Mavhima||Lovemore Matuke|
|Transport and Infrastructural Development||Joel Biggie Matiza||—|
|Women Affairs, Community, Small and Medium Enterprises Development||Sithembiso G. G. Nyoni||Jennifer Mhlanga 3|
|Youth, Sport, Arts and Recreation||Hon. Kirsty Coventry *||Tinoda Machakaire 3|
|Ministers of State|
|For National Security||Owen Ncube||—|
|For Presidential Affairs in Charge of Implementation and Monitoring||Jorum Gumbo||—|
- The Ministry gains the function of ”Climate Change” and an appropriate addition to its new name.
- Mangaliso Ndlovu – reassignment from Industry and Commerce to the renamed Environment, Climate Change, Tourism and Hospitality Industry. He has been acting Minister since the dismissal of former Minister Prisca Mupfumira in August.
- Newly appointed Deputy Ministers [there were 7 altogether].
- Kazembe Kazembe – reassignment from Information Communication Technology, Postal and Courier Services to Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage.
- Sekesai Nzenza – reassignment from Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare to Industry and Commerce.
- Jenfan Muswere – promoted from Deputy Minister to Minister of Information Communication Technology, Postal and Courier Services.
- July Moyo’s former Ministry of Local Government, Public Works and National Housing is split in two. He loses the National Housing function to the new Ministry of National Housing and Social Amenities [see next note], and is now the Minister of Local Government and Public Works.
- Daniel Garwe, MP for Murehwa North, is appointed Minister of the new Ministry of nathsa National Housing and Social Amenities.
- Yeukai Simbanegavi – reassignment from Deputy Minister of Youth, Sport, Arts and Recreation to Deputy Minister of National Housing and Social Amenities
- Cain Mathema – reassignment from Home Affairs to Primary and Secondary Education.
- Paul Mavima– reassignment from Primary and Secondary Education to Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare.
MINISTERS OF STATE IN THE OFFICES OF THE VICE-PRESIDENTS
|Vice-President Chiwenga’s Office||Hon. Evelyn Ndlovu|
|Vice-President Mohadi’s Office||Hon. Davis Marapira|
MINISTERS OF STATE FOR PROVINCIAL AFFAIRS
[in alphabetical order by name of the province]Post published in: Featured