In a post on Twitter on Wednesday evening, ZIMRA advised the public to ignore the notice, saying it is fake. ZIMRA wrote:
Please be advised that this purported Public Notice 11 is fake and has not been issued by ZIMRA.
… Please ignore the purported Notice 11 of 2022 for it is fake.
Below is the public notice purportedly issued by ZIMRA, which the tax authority has dismissed as fake:
Post published in: Business
ISSUANCE OF TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATES [ITF263] FOR THE YEAR 2022
The Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) is hereby informing all registered taxpayers to fully comply with the following in order to access ITF263:
- Updated Tax Affairs. All registered taxpayers should be up to date with the submission of tax returns, tax payments and master data information must be up to date i.e. E-Mail Address, Telephone Number, Bank Accounts, Industry Class.
- Fully Fiscalised and Interfaced. For those registered for Value Added Tax (VAT), should fully fiscalise for multi-currency with their invoice/receipts showing currency of transaction and their devices interfaced with ZIMRA servers.
a) Approach ZIMRA Fiscal Devices Approved Supplier listed in Public Notice Number 85 on ZIMRA website. Please note that the devices should be configured to show:
✔ Transactions done in local currency ZW$
✔ Transactions done in foreign currency like the USD.
b) Where clients have devices that cannot be configured for multicurrency, different devices should be configured to show either of the above requirements.
Due to the unstable performance of the e-Services platform, some taxpayers have not been able to access their tax clearance certificates on time. ZIMRA, therefore, apologizes for any inconvenience caused.
It is in recognition of such inconveniences that ZIMRA would like to advise that all registered taxpayers without valid Tax Clearance Certificates (ITF263) are deemed to have tax clearance certificates expiring 28 February 2022.
In the meantime, clients are advised to continue checking for their tax clearance certificates online. For further enquiries, clients are advised to use the following email addresses:
- Large Client Office (LCO) – [email protected]
- Medium Clients Office (MCO) –[email protected]
- Small Clients Office (SCO) – [email protected]
- Region 2 – [email protected]
- Region 3 – [email protected]
✔ Submit Tax Returns online via ZIMRA e-services http://www.efiling.zimra.co.zw or alternatively use email addresses as published on the ZIMRA website.
✔ All Tax Payments, use ZIMRA Bank Accounts on website https://www.zimra.co.zw/profile/203 Follow us on Twitter @Zimra_11 Facebook www.facebook.com/ZIMRA.ZW