The IFRC’s Zimbabwe cholera appeal was launched on December 23 last year, calling for 10.2 million Swiss francs or US$9.2 million.
The appeal is however about 60 percent under-funded, the organization said.
The head of the IFRC team in Zimbabwe, Tony Maryon, said the organization would be forced to stop its relief effort in Zimbabwe unless additional funds are made available within the coming month.
"As it stands now, we won’t be able to continue our operations beyond the next four weeks," Maryon said.
The IFRC warning came as the World Health Organization reported an upsurge in the death toll and prevalence of cholera cases.
At least 2,773 people have died from the usually treatable disease since the outbreak started in August 2008 while about 50,000 cases have been recorded.
Zimbabwe Red Cross Society (ZRCS) secretary general Emma Kundishora also said more funds were required to enable more volunteers to reach affected communities.
Red Cross volunteers are helping communities with clean water, sanitation, treatment facilities and cholera awareness campaigns.