Madiri works for a London Borough as a Sports Development Manager. He told The Zimbabwean he was involved in coaching athletics in his spare time.
I am a UK Athletics level 4 performance coach and IAAF Elite Coach (highest qualifications respectively) in sprints and hurdles. I do regular work for England Athletics and UK Athletics in Sports Nutrition presentations and Coach education and mentoring, he said.
(Pictured: British girl, Jodie Williams, made history when she won both the 100m and 200m with world record times in her age group at the IAAF World Youth Athletics.)
But essentially I service, as Speed Dynamiks, individual athletes and clubs in speed and hurdles high performance . Its through this work that the sports governing bodies, both locally and internationally, have taken note and brought me into the fold.
Madiri was head of Physical Education at Marondera High School in the mid nineties. He went on to coach the Zimbabwean athletics team at the 1995 All Africa Games. He is the founding Training Manager for Millennium Athletics Academy and scouted and coached Zimbabwes 400m representative at this years World (seniors) Championships starting next week.
Talented athletes who have been scouted and coached by Madiri include:
- Felix Kamangirira 400m Marondera High school USA Sports scholarship
- Chawada Kachidza 100H Speed Dynamics – 1996 Olympics IAAF future stars guest after a winning the draw of qualifying juniors in Africa, current Zim record holder
- Yvonne Ntine 400H Speed Dynamics USA Sports scholarship, current Zim record holder
- Larrissa Bakasa 200m Speed Dynamics USA Sports scholarship
- Angella Makaha 100m& Lewis Banda 400- Millennium Academy- USA Sports scholarships
- 6. Loyd Zvasiya 400m, and Talkmore Nyongani 400m Millennium Athletics Academy