Dube was last week billed to defend his title against Congolese Ntsitu Mbayo. Things fell apart a night before the two sluggers could square off because the Cape Town-based promoter, Senzeni Haparimwe, had not sought a clearance license from WBA.
She is also at loggerheads with the boxing board in Zimbabwe for not handing over the purse money.
“I don’t know what to think now. The fight was called off and none of the people involved in promoting the fight are coming forward to take the blame. I have been training hard just like the last postponed times only to stare at a dream,” said the heavyweight champion.
“I haven’t been in action ever since I won the belt in South Africa. Everything is a mess. I have been told that the fight will take place on September 4. I don’t know what to believe now,” said Dube.
The Zimbabwe Boxing Board and Wrestling Control said the fight did not take place because the promoter had not handed over money meant to take care of operations during the fight.
“The promoter did not abide by our regulations and so there was no way the fight could go on,” said Patrick Mukondiwa, the secretary of the board.Post published in: Zimbabwe Sports News