1. Nerve impulses to and from the brain travel as fast as 170 miles per hour.
2. The brain operates on the same amount of power as 10-watt light bulb.
3. The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Britannica, or any other encyclopedia for that matter.
4. Your brain uses 20 percent of the oxygen that enters your bloodstream.
5. The brain is much more active at night than during the day
6. Scientists say the higher your I.Q. the more you dream.
7. Neurons continue to grow throughout human life.
8. Information travels at different speeds within different types of neurons.
9. The brain itself cannot feel pain.
10. 80 percent of the brain is water.Post published in: Analysis