They argue that the decision reflects nepotism and corruption, undermining the government’s credibility. Nelson Chamisa, the opposition leader, described it as a “gigantic fraud” and accused Mnangagwa of not prioritizing the nation’s economic challenges.
Brief information on David Kudakwashe Mnangagwa:
– David Kudakwashe Mnangagwa is a 34-year-old son of President Emmerson Mnangagwa.
– He is currently a ZANU PF Youth Quota Member of Parliament (MP) for the Midlands Province.
– He is actively involved in the ZANU PF Youth League structures as a Provincial Member.
– In 2021, Kudakwashe Mnangagwa was still enrolled in a Degree program in Tourism and Hospitality at Lupane State University. He completed his studies and graduated in 2022.
– In 2021, he assumed the position of LSU SRC President without going through an election process.
– Kudakwashe is one of the founding Partners at Flame-Lily Venture Capital Group (PVT) LTD. Flame-Lily Venture Capital specializes in private equity investment and advisory services. Their primary focus areas include financial services, mining, real estate, and construction within Zimbabwe and the Southern African region.
– Kudakwashe holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and Actuarial Science, which he obtained from Drake University (USA) between 2009 and 2011.
– Additionally, he completed his Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Degree at the University of Zimbabwe.
– From 2015 to 2020, Kudakwashe Mnangagwa served as a Board member of the National Building Society, contributing to its operations and decision-making processes.